PM Minimalist Update: January 31, 2012
New Articles, Tools, & Resources from Michael Greer, The Project Management Minimalist
Issue Number 11: January 31, 2011 (Feel free to forward this to anyone!)
Click here to subscribe to these updates & get a Free Gift!
In this issue...
- Get the Entire PM Minimalist Collection “To Go” on Your Kindle, NOOK, iPad, or Other Mobile Device!
- Lindsay Scott’s One Simple Thing: Emphasize “Management” in PM
- Still Available -- A Gift for You: A Free PM Book for Your Kindle, NOOK, iPad etc.
- Five New Project Management FREEBIES
- Reminders, Resources, & Footnotes
See Other Issues
* March 22, 2011 * April 13, 2011 * May 17, 2011 * June 21, 2011 * July 26, 2011 * August 12, 2011 * Sept. 14, 2011 * Oct. 25, 2011 * Nov. 29, 2011
* Dec. 31, 2011 * Feb. 29, 2012 * March 30, 2012 * April 30, 2012 * May 31, 2012 * June/July, 2012 * Aug-Nov, 2012 * Dec '12-June 2013
Get the Entire PM Minimalist Collection “To Go” on Your Kindle, NOOK, iPad, or Other Mobile Device!
I spent much of January slogging through the chores of file conversion, reformatting, etc. in order to make the entire PM Minimalist Collection available to use on your Kindle, NOOK, iPad, or any other mobile device. The graphic below illustrates the results. For details, including video overviews & samples, go to http://michaelgreer.biz/?p=3966 or click the image below.
Lindsay Scott’s One Simple Thing: Emphasize “Management” in PM
The latest addition to our "One Simple Thing..." series is from Lindsay Scott, Director of Arras People, the UK’s project management recruitment specialists. Lindsay says we need to emphasize the "management" in project management and explains the "why" and "how" of this in her guest blog post. See Lindsay Scott’s One Simple Thing: Emphasize “Management” in PM for more.
(Click here to view all seven guest blog posts published so far in our "One Simple Thing..." series.)
Would you like to contribute your "One Simple Thing..." ? Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you'd like to share a full-blown blog post or simply leave your Comment here: http://michaelgreer.biz/?p=3330 .
Still Available -- A Gift for You: A Free PM Book for Your Kindle, NOOK, iPad or Other Tablet / E-Reader
The Holidays may be over, but I've decided to continue offering this free gift for your new Kindle, NOOK, iPad, or other e-Reader/tablet computer.
You'll find two new versions of The PM Minimalist Quick Start Guide: a "mobi" version (used by Kindle readers) and an "epub" version (used by NOOK, iPad, & nearly all other e-readers/tablets). And you can get them both for free!
The 38-page PM Minimalist Quick Start Guide is designed to help you plan and manage your first project using the PM Minimalist approach. Click here for more information about the contents. Or simply click one of the links below to start your free download (... or get 'em all, if you want to!).
Feel free to share these links... and the downloaded files ... with anyone! Enjoy!
Five New Project Management FREEBIES
Reminders, Resources, & Footnotes
Let's Connect on Google Plus!
To learn more about Google Plus
, check out the links above or go to:
Video: "Website Tour: Michael Greer's PM Resources"
I just released a video that provides a quick (5 minute) tour of my website, Michael Greer's PM Resources.
This video will help you see how the site is organized
- The good news: The website has been around since 1999! And I've been adding articles, links, and tools every month since it first launched.
- The bad news: A lot of good PM stuff has accumulated there and sometimes it's hard to find what you're looking for.
and help you find that buried PM treasure you may be looking for.
If you've been waiting for a rock-bottom price, here's your chance! Click one of the links above.
PM Minimalist Support System & Freebies The PM Minimalist Support System & Freebies page
includes a chart summarizing links to multi-media collection of resources
to help individual project managers, project teams and entire organizations go Minimalist. Check it out! (Note: I'll be adding to this grid as I make more support items available.)
Now Available: One Dozen Private & Customizable PM Webinars!
So… you don’t have time to stop working for several days
and send everybody to PM training? Or maybe you don’t have the money to spend on a full-blown, on-site workshop w/T&L expenses?
See how you can take a Minimalist approach to your PM training through brief, one or two-hour customized webinars! [Click here to download the full 7-page PDF: The PM Minimalist Private Webinars: Buy Your Custom PM Training By the Hour!
Live Video Chat Now Available at My Website
I've just set up a chat room at my website where we can talk live, one-on-one (or one on two, since it will handle 3-way live video conversations). All you need is a web cam, a microphone, and a browser connected to the 'net.
No other software is needed.
If you would like to meet me in a live video chat room for a free, private, one-on-one discussion, just email me at email@example.com
. I’ll send you a password and arrange a time. After you have the password, simply click the link below & follow the instructions.
Why You Received This Update
You're getting this Update
- You subscribed to it through my website, or
- You bought The Project Management Minimalist book, or
- You are one of my colleagues or friends with whom I'd like to share some news.
Now don't worry! It's easy to unsubscribe
if you don't want to get any more of these Updates
. (Click here to unsubscribe
, or simply email me
and say, "Hey, take me off that Update list!")
My Promises to You
Here are my promises to you about these Updates:
- I will ALWAYS send you PM-related information that I honestly believe will have some practical, useful value for you or that you might want to share with someone you know.
- I will NEVER share your email address with anyone else. Period.
- I will NEVER send you more than two (2) mailings in any given month. (However, if there's not much news to share, I might send you only one Update a month or simply skip it altogether!)
Contact & Follow
Here are some ways you can connect with me and track the evolution of Project Management Minimalism:
Quicky Sales Pitch:
How about a customized, two-day, on-site PM Minimalist workshop?
We'll give your folks plenty of practical, hands-on challenges so they can learn to apply PM Minimalism and we'll spend time unsnarling some of your unique (and thorny) PM issues! Click here to download a PDF class outline.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME! And remember: It's easy to unsubscribe
from these Updates
. (Click here to unsubscribe
, or simply email me
.)Click here to see previous PM Minimalist Updates: http://www.michaelgreer.biz/PM_Minimalist/Update/update-1.html